Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law

There were bedbugs found at my job one of the girls was bit

There were bedbugs found at my job one of the girls was bit very bad so they went to all the homes . B ut mine they did not find the bugs but we have seen the bugs in the home where I work can I refuse to let them in my home I fill this is invasion of my privace. W hat can they do to me .

Thank you for the information and your question. Can you tell me why your employer is wanting to come to your private home? What have they specifically said they would do if they found bed bugs in someone's home? What kind of work do you do?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i 'am a caregiver.the client said he didn,t have well as i said one of the girls got bit after doing a night shift. we have found bugs in the sitting area and in the wife closet and in his bed he said he had been bitten for awhile but was to imbress to say anything .so our figer we were the ones to bring them in even after we inform her what we had found. just to satify there client he said we must have them.

Hello again and thank you for your reply. If I understand you correctly, your employer wants to examine everyone's house so that they can tell the client that the bed bugs did not come from their employees. They are likely doing this so that the client doesn't sue the employer. But, in any event, you do not have to consent to the employer coming into your house. Here though is the problem, Missouri is an employment "at will" state. That means that an employer may terminate an employee for any, or no, reason and with no notice or warning unless the termination would violate an employment contract, company policy or employment discrimination law. So, unless your situation falls within one of the exceptions, your employer could terminate you for refusing to allow them to come into your home even though that would be unfair and arbitrary.

So, the botXXXXX XXXXXne is that you do not have to grant access, but that if you do not, they can let you go for the refusal. Again, not fair, but how employment "at will" works.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i don't care about the right to work what about my rights if someone enter your home even thou you didnot won't them there how would you fill.i'am a very private person.

Hello again--As I stated, they do not have a right to enter your home.