Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have an upcoming meeting with corp compliance (I requested)over

I have an upcoming meeting with corp compliance (I requested)over issues relating to retaliation because I was ask questions by HR and that person was let go. Since then I feel I have been singled out, written up over things I've done since this business opened (private hospital)while the same things others are allowed to do. How do I get ready for this meeting?
Do I bring a lawyer?
If they record this meeting am I allowed to record it also?
I was told by them that I can not bring a lawyer so am I allowed to have a witness sit through this with me?
I'm uneasy about this because I was told when this first started that there would be no retaliation. How do I prepare?
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response 1: You need to put together the chronology of events. Make detailed notes on what has transpired ever since the fateful date that you spoke with HR and an employee was let go.

Do I bring a lawyer?

Response 2: Yes, you need an Attorney to protect your interest.

Response 3: You can record this meeting. Texas is one-party consent state. So long as you are a party to the discussion, you can record it. You do not need the consent of all the parties to the discussion in order to record it. See Texas Penal Code Section 16.02(c)(4)

Response 4: You are entitled to bring an Attorney to this meeting. If they won’t let an Attorney who would also be acting as a witness, they are not going to allow you to bring an ordinary witness either.

Response 5
: See my first response.