Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

I currently have a drivers license in wisconsin. I have 4 speeding

I currently have a drivers license in wisconsin. I have 4 speeding tickets in the last 5 years. I was in the background check for a new job, and did not get the job due to my driving record. If I obtained a drivers license in Illinois, would those speeding tickets show up when I give the new drivers license number to employers for background checks?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today. I bring nearly 20 years of experience in various legal disciplines.

Yes, these still would show up. First off, your background check is done based on your personal social, not your driver's license. They ask for that local license, to see your local tickets, but your social will show national tickets, from every state.

Furthermore, states share their DL information with each other, so your tickets would carry over and be considered for your new license in Illinois.