Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation

I work in a hospital in Atlanta Ga. As a nurse and a surgical

I work in a hospital in Atlanta Ga. As a nurse and a surgical tech it is required to take call after regular shift , if they work all night and is then not able to work the next day, can the employer make the employee use their PTO to pay them for the day they miss.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today. I bring nearly 20 years of experience in various legal disciplines.

If they are not able to work their regular shift, regardless of the reason, the employer can require them to use their PTO for that period of time.

This is true even when the basis for missing the time is medically related, a workplace injury, etc.

So unfortunately yes, the employer can require the use of PTO in this situation.