ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney

I worked for a non profit mental health agency for 17 1/2 years

I worked for a non profit mental health agency for 17 1/2 years until May 17, 2013 when I had to resign due to the stress of having all my clinical staff being fired in Jan. 2013 as of March 1st 2013 for reasons stated budget. One staff had 24 years of service, another 10 years. I was under so much stress trying to replace clinical with non clinical I had to go out on medical leave March 1st and go on Short Term Disability and see a counselor. Since I quit I now am on unemployment which is about 1/2 of my annually salary. Do we have a case if the three of us file a complaint for duress or hostile environment?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 10 months ago.

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Do you happen to know whether these actions were taken intentionally against you specifically to induce emotional distress on you?

ScottyMacEsq :

Or were there any other factors (screaming bosses, physical intimidation, etc...) that led to the emotional distress?

Customer: The agency hired a new CEO about 5 years ago and she has moved a lot of monies around within the Non-Profit Organization and is now under investigation. The Group Home thaI managed was doing well until January, it was funded by HUD and State monies. She has fired approx. 50 people in the last 5 years and has replaced only a few. The cut backs has upset many of the consumers, they feel that a lot of their services have been cut back. I had no idea what was about to happen in January and either did my supervisor. When she found out what had happened they asked her to agree to the decision, when she said "No", they told her to resign or she would be fired.
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience: Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
I see that you may have prematurely rated this answer, but we can continue the question here.

Can you tell me how your terms of employment changed from before this new individual's actions to after? Were there constant meetings without notices, meetings without food or rest breaks, badgering to sign statements, etc...? Was there any yelling, screaming, belittling, or sexual, racial, or other discriminatory conduct on the part of this person?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would like to cancel this a account
I'm sorry, you don't want to continue with the question and get an answer? I do want to provide you with an answer, but I'm trying to get a bit more information about your situation so that I can provide you with the best answer I can. If you still don't want to continue, let me know, and I will send this to customer service.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not want to continue.
Understood. I will send this to customer service. I wish you the best of luck in your situation, and the best of success and happiness in your life.