Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I live in GA, at will state. I was fired for harassing and

I live in GA, at will state. I was fired for harassing and bullying another employee, This is false allegations, it was the other way around, the other employee told me things like, you aren't worth 2 cents, you're worthless, my grandchildren look like they should be yours because they're half Mexican-mind you I am not Mexican, and everytime she insulted she would say I'm just kidding or I'm joking, I believed she just was not mentally stable, but I'm the one to have been fired. The company I worked for was 3rd party, I was a contractor, the one who decides my termination is client company-I was told this was part of agreement w/client to honor termination, Do I have any legal options?
Hello

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

I am sorry to hear of this matter

But as an At Will employee you may be terminated for any reason that is not discrimination based.

I am sorry you were denied unemployment and I suggest that your appeal you will be able to explain that you were not the harasser that the other employee was the one who was bullying you. They may ask what you did or did you go to HR about this at all. So I suggest you have your notes and dates and times when these incidents occurred and when you went to HR about the problems