Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

I have one more question please. What about health insurance,

I have one more question please. What about health insurance, am I forced to go with the high priced cobra insurance or would it be best to wait until I find new employment and what if I don't find employment anytime soon? I have enough medication to last for three months but other than that should I look for cobra or pvt. insurance in the short term? I am unsure of the new health care and when it will go into effect. Thanks for your help.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

INFOLAWYER :

Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma.

INFOLAWYER :

It would be best to obtain cobra

INFOLAWYER :

You dont want to have a lapse in coverage

INFOLAWYER :

that goes both for securing coverage going forward and for remaining covered in case a need arises for care.

INFOLAWYER :

I wish you the best.

INFOLAWYER :

Let me know if the answer is clear and acceptable.

Customer:

My dilemma is I can't afford the cobra insurance $650/month. I have a pre existing condition and I am concerned that once I find new employment that I will be denied health insurance. Will this hold true with Obama's new health reform going into effect January 1, 2014?

INFOLAWYER :

The obama law is in flux and I would not suggest depending on coverage on pre existing conditions at moment

INFOLAWYER :

would be best to maintain coverage

INFOLAWYER :

consider a short term loan or cheaper coverage to maintain the continuity

INFOLAWYER :

or see if former employer will cover more of the cost

INFOLAWYER :

as a form of severance.

Customer:

The bigger issue is pay my mortgage or health insurance. While my partner and I have prepared for dark days in our financial future the insurance is the biggest issue here. I will look to private insurance coverage that will maybe allow me to maintain minimal coverage until I find new employment.

INFOLAWYER :

Agreed

INFOLAWYER :

and possible short term loan to cover the cost

INFOLAWYER :

I wish you the best.

Customer:

Thanks so much. Have a good day.

INFOLAWYER :

Very welcome

INFOLAWYER :

Have a great day

INFOLAWYER :

Kindly click on an excellent rating for the answer.

Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience: Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.