ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Can your employer notify you this morning that you will no

Can your employer notify you this morning that you will no longer be a full time employee with full benefits because of restructuring. He said that effective immediately I am a per diem employee without benefits, no other options. Shouldn't I get more notice than that?

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I can't imagine what type of company would do this, but I understand that it does happen. Unfortunately, unless you have a contract, the answer is that they have no legal obligation to give you any notice of any reduction in pay, reduction in benefits, etc... Now any accrued PTO, etc... would generally still have to be honored, but on a prospective basis, there's no legal obligation for them to give you any notice of this, in Pennsylvania or Federal law.

ScottyMacEsq :

Yes, you should get more notice than that (in my opinion) but there's no law that says you have to get more notice than that.

ScottyMacEsq :

I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but it is the law. I hope that clears things up anyway. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck to you!