socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I am a male food and beverage manager at a golf course and

I am a male food and beverage manager at a golf course and my general manager and his dad who is the owner have told me several times that my wife is going to leave me and that we need to have babies. It is starting to really get on my nerves. They have no idea about my personal life ( which is fantastic with my wife). I dont und. they are mormons and my wife and i are not. almost every day they tell me I need to have babies, and then in the next breath, they say, "your wife is going to leave you" Also the owner is always telling me i need to get more religious. its really annoying. they have no idea about me of my wife or our religious beliefs, plans for families.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

What you are describing is both discrimination based upon religion and sex. You're not a man, if you don't spread your seed and keep your spouse barefoot and pregnant. And, you're not a godly person unless you get religion -- in particular Mormonism.

You can file a complaint with the EEOC charging harassment on both issues. The result will not entitle you to damages, unless the employer takes an adverse employment action against you due to your complaint. If that occurs, then you would have a damage claim. But, the only way to stop the madness is to complain -- or find a new employer (which, to be frank, is probably the better alternative, because no matter what you do with the current employer, his conduct will not change. He will just look for ways to make your life miserable, but without crossing the retaliatory line.

If you need the link to the EEOC website, please let me know and I will be happy to provide.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The problem is there is not any other jobs in the area (small town, Hurricane, UT) that would pay me what i get. 2800 per month. i am wondering how i can get out of this job, but still keep up with my bills. I am wondering if they will fire me if I complain, and do a bad job at work. if that happens, will i be able to collect unemployment (still half of what i make now) until i find another job? they have not been supporting me at all in the last few weeks, and i have had 2 major employees quit without notice. I am left working 7 days a week and have not been able to find other help. there is no HR dept to help either, and the managment is incredebly passive agressive.

If you complain and your employment is terminated, then you will have a lawsuit for damages in the amount of your lost wages, plus "front pay" wages until you find new employment of simllar earnings. You will have attorney's fee and costs of suit.

You can also get damages for emotional suffering.

Hope this helps.
socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience: Retired (mostly)