Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
19127644

Can the owners rep deny me access to the jobsite without a

Can the owners rep deny me access to the jobsite without a legitimate reason i.e. safety,security, qualifications. This decision to ban me from the site feels like I'm being single out for race.
Hello again,

You are in the best position to know what might be behind this decision. You might try talking to the employer you applied with first and see if they would be willing to tell you why the decision was made. There could be a variety of nondiscriminatory reasons for the decision, but they would have to be tied to some legitimate business reason. So, yes, safety, security and your qualifications could be legitimate reasons for not allowing you on site, but you should have some idea of whether there could be an issue there.

In the end, if no one will tell you why, your only recourse is to file a discrimination complaint and see what the employer and Site owner come back with.