wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

There are 3 Supervisors on my shift. I am one of them. On the

There are 3 Supervisors on my shift. I am one of them. On the night of August 14th another supervisor asked that I and the other supervisor on that night meet with her in a private office so she coulk give us some information. I was the last one to enter the room and after I did. the supervisor that asked us to come stood in fromt of the door and started screaming that we(My co worket and myself needed to stop watching her and that she had documetaion and she was going to go to the corprate office. With that I said I heard enough and went to leave the room. The superviosor would not move and let us leave the room. For quiet some time she was yelling at us and pointing her finger in our faces. She approched my co worker. ( I thought she was going to hit her.) But she moved away from the door and that is when I opened the door and said we are done. Later that night our manager came in to talk with us and again the same supervisor threatened her as well. I have been waiting to see what would happen to this supervisor(This supervisor does not do her job and is alway screwing off. my co worker and I have told this to our manager for a long time.) I was hoping this supervisor would be fired but I just found out that our manager just moved her to another shift and removed her title. Do I have any recorse? This woman should have been fired for leading us to an office with a lie then procedded to threaten us and would not let us exit the room. Am I crazy or what? All she gets is a change of scenery and another job?

wallstreetfighter :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification

wallstreetfighter :

This is an unfortunate situation, however under State law, an employer is allowed to discipline employees in any way they wish,

wallstreetfighter :

unless you can claim the actions of the employee was discriminatory in nature,

wallstreetfighter :

or that the employers non action was due to your gender, race, age or other protected civil right, the law in PA does not give you any protections

Customer:

yeah, that's what I figured. but what about being threatend at work and being held against my will ?

wallstreetfighter :

That could be a serious criminal issue, a threat of physical injury is a criminal action, and you can file a criminal complaint,

wallstreetfighter :

and potentially bring civil action against the employee,

Customer:

Oh, really? well that is something to think about I guess

Customer:

Isn't my employer responsible for my saftey while I am at work?

wallstreetfighter :

Yes, and if the employer had notice of the incident, and failed to act,

wallstreetfighter :

or a future incident occurs with the same employee,

wallstreetfighter :

you may be able to bring a civil suit for injuries against the employer, for allowing the employee to continue to work

Customer:

Is this a time sensitive issue?

Customer:

how long do I have to decide what to do?

wallstreetfighter :

If you want to press criminal charges, you should do so soon,

wallstreetfighter :

in terms of a decision, you should advise the employer you are considering criminal action, and they may reconsider their actions

Customer:

Ok, well thank, you have been very helpful.