wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

My husband retired, but has been a public relations writer

My husband retired, but has been a public relations writer contractor for about 7 years. His employer was paying wage invoices on a monthly basis for a couple of years, then the time between payments increased. As of today, my husband's employer has not finished paying for work performed in 2011. What are an employee's rights in this case. Thanks in advance.

wallstreetfighter :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification

wallstreetfighter :

If he is a w2 employee, he can sue the employer for back wages, and file sn official complaint with the state labor board for the unpaid wages,

wallstreetfighter :

he would need to do this as soon as possible as it has been 2 years, and the statute of limitations may have expired.

wallstreetfighter :

If he is paid a 1099, he is considered a contractor, and can only bring a lawsuit for breach of contract for the unpaid services.

wallstreetfighter :

Bureau of Labor Law Compliance
1301 Labor and Industry Building
Seventh and Forster Streets
Harrisburg, PANNN-NN-NNNNbr/>Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>Toll-Free:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>Web Address: http://www.dli.state.pa.us/landi/cwp/view.asp?a=196&Q=65894

Customer:

Thank you very much!

wallstreetfighter :

Good luck, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

wallstreetfighter :

If satisfied please provide us with positive feedback, thank you.