Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years practicing attorney
19958803

What can I do if an employment offered was rescind due to then

What can I do if an employment offered was rescind due to then stating that my High School diploma is non accredited?
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Is their statement accurate?
.
Did you have any type of written employment contract for a set term?
.
Or was this only an offer at this point?
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was given a conditional offer subjected to background check and drug testing. I was instructed to removal my current associates degree listed because it is only "in progress" and not fully completed. I was also told to remove my Everest College graduate info and only list my high school information. So that is what I did. The high school that I attended told me that it was fully accredited and supplied me with a High School diploma and a transcript upon completion of the course studies and exam. I'm unsure if they are unaccredited or not. So my question is.... What can I do to get this over turned or have an appeal upheld. Or do I not have an legal option at this point.

What can I do to get this over turned or have an appeal upheld. Or do I not have an legal option at this point.
.
Unfortunately, a conditional offer of employment can be rescinded at any time and they would be under no legal obligation to hire you if they chose not to. Minnesota is an "at will" employment state which means that an employer can hire or fire any employee at any time, for any or no reason at all.
.
So I hate to say it, but there is no legal recourse to force them to change their mind and hire you.
.

I am sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers, even when an answer is not favorable to the customer.

.

.

Thanks