TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination

I own a small moving company. I would like to initiate a bonus

I own a small moving company. I would like to initiate a bonus program which guarantees a specific monthly wage if the employees regular earnings fall below a set amount. The good business reaason is we want reliability

But, here is the issue: I would like to make month to month agreements. "This agreement is for Sept. 2013." I want to maintain options after the month is up, to renew or renegotate, or not.

To put it another way. Is there a minimum duration of a contract for an employee who will continue working for me? In other words, this is not a temporary job.

Thank you for your question.

There is no minimum term for an employment agreement like the one you are suggesting. What you would want to do in the agreement is have language like the following:

The term of the agreement shall be for one month. This agreement shall automatically renew for a term of an additional month unless employer notifies employee in writing 5 days prior to the end of the monthly term that the agreement will terminate. This automatic renewal clause shall cause the agreement to renew each month for a monthly term unless terminated as specified above.