John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.

Is it legal for casino employees to call relatives when the

Is it legal for casino employees to call relatives when the slot machines are hitting?
Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. There are no laws prohibiting a casino employees to call relatives when slots are hitting; the implication being that the relatives will then come there and play those slots. But, there is also no law protecting the employee from the employer in this instance. Employment is at will, and if the employer verbally or in writing has a policy against this, then the employee could be disciplined or terminated for this practice.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – select the Reply to Expert or Continue Conversation button. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wish you all the best with this matter.