Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide employment and discrimination law advice in my own practice.
18572087

Im a new manger and also a new manager to the resturant Im

I'm a new manger and also a new manager to the resturant I'm currently working the problem that I'm having is someone is accusing me of smoking pot also a few employee think I'm playing favorites with some servers both of these rnt true I dont even hang out with my employees. I know my boss know because it was told to me by one her friend in her cliques not sure to do or who to approach. The girl who told me this stresed I shouldnt say anything out of fear for her reputation
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I am sorry that you were provided with such information. But I must ask--have you been affected in any way, such as via reprimand, demotion, or any sort of adverse action? I am asking to see if you were exposed to any injury at this time, thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No only that I should watch my back I am going on vacation tom and I feel they r waithing till tom to approach me also if I were to quit it would be very bad because we r 2 manager short already

Thank you for your follow-up, Scott.

Going purely from a legal perspective, there is as yet nothing actionable here, at least not directly. You can choose to speak with your boss about this if you like, and bring up rumors and allegations that you heard about yourself so as to answer those concerns (if any) for your boss. But gossip is just that, gossip--it only becomes potentially actionable as defamation of character if the information is false, it is provided about you to third parties, and because of that dissemination you are injured. An example of injury may be a demotion, loss of hours, loss of wages, or a termination. That has not yet happened, so unless it does, about the only option you have is to either let it go and ignore it, or bring it up with your superior to ask if he has any concerns about your or your performance.

Good luck.

I appreciate your 'poor rating'. What specifically did I fail to answer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I meant to hit the ok button but since u asking my boss aready know of this info but has not approached me yet

Scott,

If you meant to hit "OK", I would ask that you do so since a 'poor' rating does affect me and my standing on this site.

As for the boss knowing, you can still force the issue first (If you wish to do so), and ask directly if there is anything you need to be concerned about. From your question I suspect that you are concerned that the boss may be taking these rumors seriously, but that is pure conjecture on your part--you simply do not know what he is thinking. So you may want to ask, and then if there is a problem, you may have time to fix it, but if there is no issue, you can take time off without as much worry or concern.

Good luck.