Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Hi, I just fired from a Government State job because my supervisor

Hi, I just fired from a Government State job because my supervisor asked me to scrap an asset and then Financial told that that asset could not be scrap. My Supervisor said that it was my only responsibility. I confront him. I have emails that are strong evidence to prove that he authorized me to scrap the asset. He also approved (by email) the price paid by the scrap company. He also was very worried about two investigations I was doing and that could affect him. Their grounds to fire me is that I was an SES employee and they can dismiss my position at their discretion. I was doing an excellent performance and filling two positions at the same time (without extra payment). I really feel retaliation.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

I am sorry to learn about your job loss.

I have couple of questions:

Do you belong to a union?

What is your specific question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, do not belong to a union

Is it a possibility to suit or demand job reinstatement or economical compensation for retaliation?

Thank you for the information:

No, do not belong to a union

Response: Regrettably No. You have no protection as a Selected Exempt Service (SES) employee if you are not a part of the Union—if you do not have a collective bargaining agreement. You an employee at will and therefore work at the pleasure of your employer. The employer can terminate you for any reason or for no reason at all so long as the termination does not have anything to do with one of the prohibited ground such as your race, gender, age (40 and over), national origin or the like. See Florida Statutes Chapter 110 Section 110.604. Also see the web site of U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission:

http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2012/110.604

http://www.eeoc.gov/employees/coverage_state_local.cfm

I am truly sorry that I do not have better news for you. However, I have ethical and professional obligation to provide you with honest assessment of your case eventhough that assessment may not be in your favor.

Thank you for your understanding.

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX does not applies because the two investigations I were doing and that can affect the supervisor?

Response: You may be protected by Florida Whistleblower Protection Act (the "Act") if you have disclosed your investigation to another government Agency or to another official at your agency. However, your narrative only mentioned that you were doing investigations, but did not state that you disclosed the content of the investigations to anyone. For more information on the Act and how you may be protected, click on the link below:

http://fchr.state.fl.us/complaints__1/florida_s_whistle_blower_s_act

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, the investigations were in process and probably that's the reason he fire me the same day he knew about them.

Response: That's too bad. I do not see any other options for you.