wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits

My son has been told that he cannot complain about un-fairness

My son has been told that he cannot complain about un-fairness at his job. A co worker doing the same job with a different title receives 2x the compensation he does. Another worker his superior seems to be bi-polar and is abusive to him on a regular basis. He has a record of being verbally abusive to other employees on different ocassions.
He has compained several time in writing and was told that if he complained again he would be terminated. He was told to sign a memo stating he would be terminated if he continued to complain in writing.he was told---THERE IS NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH IN THE WORK PLACE>
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  wallstreetfighter replied 1 year ago.

wallstreetfighter :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification

wallstreetfighter :

This is an unfortunate situation, however under the law

wallstreetfighter :

an employer can make any rules in regards XXXXX XXXXX conditions, and even restrict employees complaints if they want, unless the complaints are about an employee discrimination.

wallstreetfighter :

Under the law, only harassment and hostile work conditions are protected if they relate to an employees race, gender, age, or disability,

wallstreetfighter :

if the reason he is being abused is not due to the above, there is little he can do,

wallstreetfighter :

In terms of legal action, it is possible to sue the employer for a constructive discharge,

wallstreetfighter :

that is when an employee is forced to quit due to the work conditions at work,

wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience: 14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.