Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

My two Directors (bosses) told me I was disrespectful for going

My two Directors (bosses) told me I was disrespectful for going over their heads to administration. I was promised no retaliation from administration and this is what I got. I went to administration because they were having me work a 16 hr job in 8 hours. They were on their third office coordinator due to how they were treated, and I once again had to pick up the slack and train someone new. This time I had to do both jobs with no help. My visit with admin and my appts with the EAP brought about many events/changes, etc. I should not have been doing both jobs, only 4 job duties and the other employees were to share the other duties. I could feel the garden variety retaliation but was too busy. Then when I started to orientate the new employee I was being micro managed. This back-fired in their faces when they found out they were completely wrong in their interventions. My goal with the EAP was to communicate my needs esp. my need for communication which called them on the carpet since they have huge issues with communication. They called me in and loudly let me know that I was disrespectful to them because I went over their heads and went to admin. I told them it was my right and that admin had an open door policy. I told them that admin wanted me to go to them and that it was confidential that I even went to them. They brought up a confidential topic that I discussed with admin and I told them I wasn't going to discuss it because I was promised it was confidential and there would be no retaliation. I then told them that I was going to go directly to admin and let them know that they told me I was disrespectful for going over their heads to admin. Today I called in ill with emotional distress because I felt it was unfair to orientate a new employee when I was on the verge of tears. There are many instances of retaliation with these Directors i.e. placing a staff on a different shift, however, I have never been a part of the game playing until now. What are my rights?
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questio

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to go back to Admin and file complaint against your bosses. They are clearly retaliating against you for going over their heads. Admin needs to step in and protect you. Otherwise, your bosses may use one excuse or another to get rid off you. As you know, if you do not have an employment contract—if you are an employee at Will, your bosses can fire you for any reason or for no reason at all so long as the reason for the termination is not based on one of the prohibited grounds such as race, gender, age (40 and over), national origin or the like. You need to contact Admin immediately to voice your concerns and tell Admin why you took the day off before your bosses get to Admin first.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you - when I called in I told them I was also going to call Admin and give them the same information. I will discuss my concerns with them tomorrow.

I appreciate your reply.

Okay Jean.

All the best