Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide employment and discrimination law advice in my own practice.

Im a CTO with firm here in NYC. Facing possible situation

I'm a CTO with firm here in NYC. Facing possible situation to exercise "good reason" terms of my agreement. How do I find best fit attorney to review and advise on course of action?
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I am sorry that you are in this potential situation. To make sure I do not repeat any information you may already have, may I ask what you have tried, if anything so far?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

To identify attorney I have conducted various google searches for NY employment contract attorney with unsatisfactory results.

To get gut check on "good reason" provisions I have asked a few peer executives to offer opinion on applicability of terms to this situation.

Thank you for your follow-up, Bennett.

As self-evident as it may sound, but word-of-mouth still remains the best way of obtaining proper counsel. There are no really objective 'best attorney' listings because it is extremely hard to evaluate what a 'best' attorney may be--some may place a lot of value on consultation, or passive advice, others on a win record in court (which can also be misleading especially with settlements or with case complexity review), and still others on communication or aggressive behavior that is seen as zealous representation.

If you have not yet found counsel then you may want to consider browsing the listings at and Both of these sites are not attorney driven where attorneys would pay to be mentioned--both instead base evaluators on peer driven reviews or client evaluations, and permit you to browse by fees, location, experience, and expertise. This is my own preferred method for finding counsel for my own clients if I do no have my own referral in that location or specialization.

Another option is to contact the county bar association and ask for their referrals. Most maintain attorney listings of licensed and competent professionals that may be able to assist you.

Good luck.