Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide employment and discrimination law advice in my own practice.

I am a commission only sales person and my employer is asking

I am a commission only sales person and my employer is asking me to attend mandatory training and not paying for time and mileage for the trip. 4 hours of driving.
Can they do that

Thank you for your question. I am a licensed Pennsylvania professional. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

To answer directly, they CANNOT do that. If they are demanding that you pursue training, they have to cover the cost and pay you for the period of time ou are at training. You likewise can demand mileage compensation or an hourly cost when you are in transit, since you are now engaged in something solely at your employer's request. It becomes his cost to cover and bare, not yours.

Good luck.