Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide employment and discrimination law advice in my own practice.

Would it be considered hassassment if a school board member

Would it be considered hassassment if a school board member falsely accuses a district HR administrator of hiring solely based on race then ask the HR administrator to produces documents and reports to prove his innocence?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I do not see it as harassment yet--to make this potential harassment, the HR administrator would need to request that the member cease and desist the allegations first and not contact the administrator in such a manner. This would instead be potential defamation of character suit if the administrator is being accused of knowingly false comments that are spread and provided to other third parties, and those comments cause injury to the school administrator.

Good luck.