Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

my husband works in a club, hes been there for 18 years, I

my husband works in a club, hes been there for 18 years, I wrote him up a two year contract, an 3 trustees sign it, im trying to fine out if that is legel, now they have new trustees an there trying to get read of him, can they do that, the contract isn't
noterise, please help me, he like to no if its worth frighting for. thank you***@******.***
Hello and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:
Your husband has an employment contract which has not expired? Does it indicate he can only be terminated for good cause? What is the reason the trustees which to terminate his employment? In which state is your husband employed?
I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
we live in Frederick Maryland, they are just trying to get read of him, because one of them don't like him,
I see. You don't indicate whether the employment contract remains in force. If it does and it requires more than a notice period for termination, such as good cause for termination, then the employer would not typically have the right to terminate the contract early without good cause as that would be considered a breach of contract.
If he had no contract, the default rule is employment at will, which means either the employer or employee could terminate the relationship without good cause or notice. However, where a contract is in place, even a contract which was signed by someone other than the current trustees who had authority to enter into the contract on behalf of the employer, the company and employee would typically be bound by the terms set out in the contract.
Therefore, if the contract requires good cause for termination, your husband would normally have grounds to pursue legal action against the employer if they terminate the contract early without good cause. It need not be notarized to be enforceable typically.
I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you for your help, an you have a good day
You are very welcome. I hope you and your husband have a wonderful day as well and good luck!
Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
you did a vary good job, I will tell my friends how good you were.
Thank you so much for the positive feedback! It is much appreciated. It would be my pleasure to assist you in the future if the need arises.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
bye
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
sorry, the contract is still inforce
That's good. Then the parties would typically be bound by the language of the contract.