Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

My wife works for a non-profit organization. They have an on

My wife works for a non-profit organization. They have an on site director who answers to a board. This director a male recently laid his hands on a female employee. They were discussing something in some paper work. When said she did not see it he put his hand on the back of her head and pushed it toward the table and told her its right there. She reported to the board of directors and they chose to do nothing. This has created a concern for their safety by my wife and several others employed there. It appears that the woman he touched will not take this further for fear of losing her job. Do the others have any other options in this matter. Any help will be appreciated

John Hafer
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma and this difficult situation.

While it would be best to encourage the affected employee to file a complaint with management, and with the police, one may seek to be pro active by encouraging her to act.

One may also file a police complaint and a complaint with management, even anonymously, which can trigger investigations.

Concern about retaliation should be soothed with fact that any retaliation for filing a complaint would be especially illegal and management will usually not do that and instead take extra steps to respond including terminating the offending person.

Local counsel can also act as the intermediary to help convey the message. is a good resource.
Good luck and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Kindly rate the answer positively.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Once again thanks for your reply. Fortunately the situation was resolved today and the offending employee is no longer with the organization.

Glad to hear it has come to a resolution. Have a nice weekend and a restful summer.