Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

Hello, I EXHAUSTED my unemployment for the first time while

Hello, I EXHAUSTED my unemployment for the first time while being unemployed. I did not use an extension or anything. How come the extension is not automatically continuing? It says this when I tried to file this morning...

New Jersey Internet Application for
Claiming Bi-Weekly Unemployment Insurance Benefits

The remaining balance on your unemployment claim dated 10-28-2012 is "0."
No unemployment benefits are available to you at this time.

If you returned to work since filing this claim, you may be eligible to file for a
new claim after 10-26-2013. You may file a new claim at www.njuifile.net

or you may call your Reemployment Call Center during regular business hours,
Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm at the following numbers:
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma. This is done intentionally to limit payment of benefits. You should apply for the extension as directed to qualify. Budgetary concerns are behind this policy making it harder for people to qualify.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont even know how to apply for extension. 2 years ago I was unemployed and at the end of my first set of benefits they automatically continued on. I dont know why they are making this difficult. I get $457 weekly from unemployment just enough to pay my bills.

You may call the employment office or seek to do so online https://njsuccess.dol.state.nj.us/html/uimain.html
Good luck. Kindly rate the answer positively and enjoy your sunday
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Last thing, I went to the website. Should I click the first tab File or ReOpen your claim? Im not sure what to click.

Click on reopen. It will walk you through it and if needed, call them on Monday morning to follow up on the claim with their clerks. Keep in mind the system is designed to make it less convenient so people dont file so easily so it takes a bit of extra patience and effort. Good luck and enjoy the day. Kindly click on an excellent rating for the answer.