Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

What or where is the next step in the appeals process after

What or where is the next step in the appeals process after a denial for a writ of certiorari to the Maryland Court of Appeals? I assume filing a writ of certiorari with the US Supreme Court is ok, but what about starting off in the US District Court in Maryland? It started out as a workers compensation case, which was barred by the statute of limitations, then dismissed by the Circuit Court for Baltimore County for filing one day late, then upheld in the Court of Special Appeals. If it can be brought in the US District Court, what under the federal rules of civil procedure or USC gives me the jurisdictional right? Lastly, if it could be brought in Maryland’s US District Court, then could it be brought to Pennsylvania’s US District Court on diversity of citizenship because I live in PA now and the injury occurred in Baltimore, Maryland although I did live there when the injury occurred, when I filed a claim I had already moved here in PA.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma. Procedurally you would need a writ to the Supreme Court. I do not see basis for proceeding in district court given the procedural history.
You may wish to have local counsel retained if possible. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience: Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Very welcome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am surprised it worked cause I didn't see anything after clicking on accept except a page that said "We're Having a Problem on the Site."
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
It appears to have gone through.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great. Can you answer he other question I just posted there?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
I think another expert has it locked.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok