JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Government and private sector employment law experience
16110456

I am being told to return to Asheville for a hearing to determine

I am being told to return to Asheville for a hearing to determine whether or not I keep getting unemployment or lose it and pay back what I've gotten so far..I am in WI and the hearing is next Friday..Is it possible to due this via telephone/teleconference as this is not possible for me?

I am a professional here to assist you. I appreciate your use of this service. Unemployment appeal hearings are conducted via the phone. This occurs commonly. If a hearing officer is planning an in-person hearing a party seeking an appeal may request that the hearing be conducted via the phone. This request is typically made as early as possible as the hearing officer must send notice to the parties involved via a notice of hearing that there will be a phone hearing. That notice contains the time, date and phone number to call for the hearing.

Please follow-up with me as needed. I hope you will take a moment to leave a positive rating for my efforts here. Please do not hesitate to follow-up with me if you cannot leave a positive service rating. Your satisfaction is my goal. I rely on these service ratings. I appreciate it.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how he do we get the phone number for the hearing officer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
repeating UNanswered question: How do we get the phone number for the Asheville uc hearing officer to set up a conference call hearing?

If a phone hearing is not already scheduled, one must be requested by contacting the hearing officer. Ideally, such a request is made in writing. Here is the contact information for that state agency to get in touch with the hearing officer:

http://www.ncesc1.com/main/contactMain.asp

Please follow-up with me as needed. I hope you will take a moment to leave a positive rating for my efforts here. Please do not hesitate to follow-up with me if you cannot leave a positive service rating. Your satisfaction is my goal. I rely on these service ratings. I appreciate it. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We need to know where/how to contact them..We are in Wisconsin and unfamiliar with the system...Please give us a number/email to reach them as there isn't enough time to send a written request and we just found out about this today!!

I added this information. This is contact information for the state unemployment agency. They can tell you which hearing officer is assigned and how to contact the hearing officer. See:

You should look at the section under public appeals.

Thank you