How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12336
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In the state of Florida, who would I contact if an employer

This answer was rated:

In the state of Florida, who would I contact if an employer has failed to pay me my wages?
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. I am very sorry to hear about your difficult getting paid.

The answer to your question is that an employee in your circumstance has two options. The first is to file a wage claim with the Department of Labor. See here for information on how to get started with that process.

If the wage claim is for a substantial amount of money or involves particularly complex issues of law, the other option would be to file a lawsuit in civil court. I say this is generally reserved for more complicated or larger stake claims, however, because the procedure is far more complicated and you will likely require an attorney. The good news is that should you choose to pursue a claim in civil court, you will likely be entitled to reimbursement for attorney fees assuming you prevail.

For attorney referrals, visit this link: or visit I particularly like Martin Dale because the site allows you to search attorneys by practice area and also provides attorney ratings.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes to you and thank you so much for coming to Just Answer.
Patrick, Esq. and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Employment Law Questions