Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert

6 years ago I was accused by 3 females that were all friends

6 years ago I was accused by 3 females that were all friends of inapproprite touching them. I voluntarily took a polygraph with a reputable person who conducts polygraphs for the DA and i passed it. CPS ruled out any wrong doing and nothinig came up from the school investigation.
TEA put an inscribed reprimand on my certificate. At the time I was told that I could accept the inscribed reprimand or request a hearing. I was told that the results of a hearing could be me losing my certificate as opposed to me keeping it if I accepted the reprimand. Six years later I still cannot find a job becasue of the reprimand. I want to know if there is anything i can do to still get a hearing or if there is a way to have the reprimand removed since I did not do anything and every investigation cleared me.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

JD 1992 :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

JD 1992 :

So I assume you agreed to the reprimand?

JD 1992 :

Did you know it was going to be available to future employers?

Customer:

yes, but I was told that otherwise a hearing could revoke the certificate. There is no difference from what was done to having my certificate revoked. No schools will touch me.

Customer:

A hearing would have at least given me the opportunity to state my case. He told me that I would still be able to work as a teacher with a reprimand. I have not been able to find a teaching job in years.

JD 1992 :

What state did this occur in?

JD 1992 :

I'm afraid the statute of limitations has passed for doing anything in addition to the issue of you agreeing to the reprimand. However, once I know the state I can look up the applicable statute of limitations just to be sure.

Customer:

Texas

JD 1992 :

Yes, it has definitely passed in Texas. The longest possible statute of limitations in TExas is 4 years but the one that would most likely apply in your case would be two years at the most.

JD 1992 :

In addition to the statute of limitations issues if you sue the other side is going to argue both "waiver" and "accord and satisfaction" both of which essentially mean that you can't complain of the action since you agreed to it as a "settlement".

JD 1992 :

You could probably hire a lawyer to sue for you but it is going to cost you at least $7500 in advance and your chances of winning are less than 10%, at best.

Customer:

thank you.

Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience: Employment Law Expert
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.