Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  More than 30 years in legal practice.
17897874

I have filed online in tenn. for unemployment and I am told

Customer Question

I have filed online in tenn. for unemployment and I am told to certify weekly, but when I try to certify the system states I may not be eligible. I am unable to reach anyone by phone. Please help!!!!
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to provide an honest and accurate answer to your question.

Before we begin a bit more detail would be helpful please.

When you say that it says you may be ineligible, is that ineligible for unemployment or ineligible to certify online?

Have you attempted to go to the office in person?

Thank you.

JudgeLaw
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The local offices closed as of June 10th. When I try to do the weekly certification online, I am told due my answer to Previous ? I may not be eligible to benefits. I have tried to call the numbers provided and I enter my ss# XXXXX then the pin number but am told no decision has been made on my claim. I am receiving a severance pay through 7/26. My concern is the automated message tells me to continue to do weekly cert. but when I do it gives me the pop up that I may not be eligible. I cannot get past the ss# XXXXX pin prompt to even speak to a person
Expert:  Loren replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you, but I believe I have information which you will find helpful.

Somehow, you have gotten stuck in some sort of nightmare loop due to an answer you have given and your online account needs to be reset.

All I can do is give you every contact I have for Tennessee unemployment and tell you to call down the line, even if it is outside your county, to get someone on the telephone to reset the online account so that you can do the weekly certification.

You may also want to try faxing a letter to the office and keep a "proof of transmission".

Depending on where you live, Unemployment Insurance Claims are either filed in person at the Labor and Workforce Development Benefit Office nearest you or by telephone at the Call Center.

Benefit Offices and the Call Center are open from 8:00a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays. Call Center
PO Box 280870 Nashville, TN 37228
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Fax(NNN) NNN-NNNNor(NNN) NNN-NNNN
1-877-813-0950 toll-free

Call(NNN) NNN-NNNNto file a claim for unemployment insurance if you live in the following Tennessee counties:

• Cheatham
  • Robertson
  • Davidson
  • Sumner
  • Dickson
  • Williamson

You call (toll free) 1-877-813-0950 to file a claim for unemployment insurance if you live in the following Tennessee counties:

• Houston
  • Montgomery
  • Humphries
  • Stewart
  • Macon

You call (toll free) 1-877-813-0950 to file a claim for unemployment insurance if you live outside of Tennessee and are filing a claim against Tennessee.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information. I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you. I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

JudgeLaw

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The offices in my area have closed. Do you know of any personal phone number I can call?
Expert:  Loren replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, Linda, for following up with me.

Here is a link to the Unemployment Advisory Council:

http://www.tn.gov/labor-wfd/bduiac.shtml

If anyone can help, it is these people. They are insiders who should be able to get you to the right person to fix this.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

JudgeLaw
Expert:  Loren replied 3 years ago.
Hello Linda,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going.
Did I answer your question?

JudgeLaw