Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

My boss gave private information between HR department and

My boss gave private information between HR department and myself to a non authorized fellow employee. Is there a remedy? Our Hand book says all such information is to be kept in HR only files.
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma. Is there senior management above the level of your boss?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. My boss (chairman) gave the information to the employee.

Did you suffer any loss or injury? what outcome do you envision?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not as it has just happened but the person who was told has a reputation for sharing every thing in the world withe peers, other employees and clients. I can invision reputational damage through his knowledge. The information provided has nothing to do with an illegal activity. Just a very personal matter that HR was to handle under confidentially agreement and per our handbook. The person who got the information had no reason to receive such has he had no involvement in the issue. .

You have a couple of options. You may have a sit down with management and local counsel and seek to secure an apology and a financial settlement. Often this is the best and initial approach. Secondly, you may pursue a civil lawsuit for violation of policy and reputational harm. This would normally be handled by counsel in county court on commission fee basis - for which if you like, I can suggest a directory. Let me know if you want that and if the answer is clear.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. please forward a directory I am satisfied with answer

Very welcome. I suggest and secondly as well.
Good luck.
Kindly click on a positive rating for the answer.