How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 116140
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

injured on jobsite apply for wrkmans compensation. were sent

This answer was rated:

injured on jobsite apply for wrkmans compensation. were sent to a doctors office. doctors approved for 100% disability. received a check from board then they senfd me to there doctors he saw me in a navy retirement hat and a cane. i was there for about 5 minutes and was told to leave. the hat and cane had nothing to due with the injury that happen at jobsite. received another saying can no longer receive workmans compensation due to his paperwork. that my injury is not bad enough to have compensation. i cannot do no lomger do no lifting because of injury have been do the same work in that field of work for over thirty years. i donot have a showing of injury but am in pain still. i am 78 years of age and he has that on file. but. i know i was cabable of working in my field for a longer period of time. but, cannot work due to tise injury.asap. thank you
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

The first thing you need to understand is workers compensation insurers do not want to ever pay disability if they can avoid it. As such they do whatever they can, including sending workers to quack doctors for second opinions who never read the file or even examine the worker and come up with whatever opinion the insurer wants them to give.

The first thing you need to do is if you do not have a workers compensation attorney, you really should get one, because you are going to have to file a workers compensation suit. You are going to need to do this to demand another opinion from an independent medical expert.

Second, the most common thing that happens in these cases is that the workers compensation court will go by the examination of the doctor who has actually been treating you, not the quack who never examined you and did not read the file, but unfortunately they force you to file suit to win these cases, but this is how these insurers play this game.

Your case is going to rely heavily on your TREATING doctor's reports and testimony. Thus you need to get to your treating doctor and begin working with them to get the medical records on your case together to prove that you are disabled and unable to perform your work because of your work related injury.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you