Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.
20073497

I was terminated on June 24th. Embarrassing enough was all

I was terminated on June 24th. Embarrassing enough was all the calls and questions I received on why. One week later after being terminated my picture was on the front page if the local newspaper in an ad for our company. Do I have grounds to sue for my face being in this ad for the company that had all ready fired me. Got many calls from people after seeing that.

Hi, David, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to assist you with correct Answers to your question,

You asked,

"Do I have grounds to sue for my face being in this ad for the company that had all ready fired me."

Answer

You would have grounds to sue even if you were not terminated. A company, organization, or individual cannot use the likeness of another person without the other person's consent. You should write to your former employer and demand payment of several thousand dollars for using your picture without your consent. And, if they were using your picture to advertise their product and generate revenue, and you could determine how much revenue they earned as a result of using your picture, then you can demand payment of the full amount of what they earned using your picture because that is what a Court would award you, if you chose to sue your former employer,

__________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA