wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

I was recently terminated from a salaried management position

I was recently terminated from a salaried management position for tardiness. The company has no written policy on salaried employees, the expectations for arrival or departure times. There is no standard method for tracking, monitoring or enforcing when salaried employees come and go. I believe I was singled out in the practice of tracking, monitoring and enforcing arrival times while other salaried employees were and are not being held to the same expectations. Is there any legal actions to be taken to remedy these actions which were not standard?

wallstreetfighter :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification

wallstreetfighter :

This is an unfortunate situation,

wallstreetfighter :

a salary employee can be terminated at will in PA, unless you were given a contract that stated otherwise,

wallstreetfighter :

In terms of a lawsuit, if you can claim you were terminated due to your gender, age, race or other protected civil right you may have a discrimination lawsuit.

wallstreetfighter :

In terms of being late, under the law, you still have to be paid

wallstreetfighter :

your salary as you are not an hourly employee,

wallstreetfighter :

if they are trying to dock your pay, you may have a valid wage complaint against the employer.

Customer:

Thank you. No pay was docked. Just concerned about no standard policies or procedures for salaried employees.

wallstreetfighter :

that is allowed, as the employer must follow the FLSA federal laws in regards XXXXX XXXXX employees,

wallstreetfighter :

If they are treating you different than others,

wallstreetfighter :

you may have a discrimination complaint,

wallstreetfighter :

Since PA, is an at will state, the law does not give you much legal rights to challenge the termination

wallstreetfighter :

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

wallstreetfighter :

If satisfied please provide us with positive feedback.

Customer:

Thank you for your assistance.

wallstreetfighter :

good luck