Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

hello in may of 2012 I filed a complaint with eeoc..I was told

hello in may of 2012 I filed a complaint with eeoc..I was told it would be 180 days in process...well it turned to 10 months and in that time I sent a certified letter and over 20 calls to my investigator who never returned my call and I was stonewalled over that time to get I touch with her. I finally got a letter in April from a supervisor investigator stating I did not have enough evidence to continue my case I called her and informed her that I requested to come to field office and was ignored and she in turn was rude and curt and never allowed me to explain my side of story and informed me I could come to office but she did not see a reason which is 4 hrs away so I went over her head to home office in DC and spoke to her supervior who promised to get back to me but she didn't that's been 15 days now which start on june 27th on june 5th I received a letter of dismissal from them which mean the supervisor did nothing and allow this woman to be vindictive for going over her head and when I got letter there was no options giving to me as opposed to whats on their site...I feel lost how do I get this right and who is over eeoc? it states you can appeal to eeoc and speak to a judge who works for them...yea right. what options do I have from here. please help
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am very sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

Did you ever request or obtain a right to sue letter from the EEOC?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes I received a letter on July 5th not June 5th ( sorry) of a dismissal that stated I had 90 days to sue but my problem is in that letter it states there was no evidence discrimination occurred and that was determined without talking to me and allowing me to present any evidence. And the the company I was filing against will get a letter of dismissal which make me feel it weakens my case but it was not heard in its entirety

Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, Dave, and thank you for clarifying that for me.

The EEOC's determination carries no weight in court typically, so the primary concern here in order to preserve your right to be heard is to get a case filed within the 90 day period in the local federal court.

The EEOC is usually overwhelmed by the number of complaints it gets and only investigates a tiny percentage of the actual cases that are filed with that agency. Most go unresolved and a right to sue letter is issued to the complainant permitting them to then sue the employer in federal court. The agency's dismissal does not weaken your case in any way, but your case will be time-barred if you do not get a suit filed in the local federal court within the 90 day time-frame so that is what I would focus on at this point.

Congress oversees the EEOC, so you can write your representatives and senators in Congress who could request hearings with regard to the agencies actions.

It would be best though if you retained a local attorney to represent you in your case since suit must be filed now. Look for ones who take contingency fee cases if at all possible.

The process can be very distressing unfortunately, but with an experienced attorney representing you, hopefully you can finally find some justice in this matter.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Tina, Lawyer
Experience: JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you so much I got more in this session than I have in over a year...I would like to retain you for my questions in the future if that is possible that way I can tip you. Let me know thank you

Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, Dave. I'm so glad I could provide you some direction in this. Yes, you can request me in the future by posting your question in the question box from my profile page. Here is a link to my profile page:

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-tina/

I look forward to assisting you again should the need arise. All the best to you!