Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Licensed attorney
11182422

I have been putting in applications for almost 2 years. Every

I have been putting in applications for almost 2 years. Every now and then I'll get a call for an interview after the interview I get a letter in the mail saying I'm not what they are looking for. My question is I had an old employer and I am wondering if he hasn't done something on my permanent work record keeping me from going to work. I have seen him personal myself.

Brandon M. :

Hello there.

Customer:

Hi

Brandon M. :

Hi, thank you for your question.

Customer:

welcome

Brandon M. :

The job market has been so terrible for the last 5 years that there are many people who are experiencing exactly what you are going through simply because there aren't enough jobs to go around. That said, it could be that your last employer is saying things that are affecting your job prospects...

Brandon M. :

I am not endorsing any particular company, but have you considered using a service like Allison & Taylor? They basically pose as a prospective employer and find out what your prospective employers are learning in their background searches.

Brandon M. :

Their website is here: http://www.allisontaylor.com/

Brandon M. :

Again, I'm using them just as an example. They are not affiliated with me or JustAnswer, and this is not an endorsement of their service.

Customer:

that's what I'm trying to find out. he has done that to every one who has worked for him so that they can't even collect unemployment. The only one that has ever gotten unemployment from him was a cleaning women.

Brandon M. :

I might start by working with that type of background check service. If you have a prior employer who is spreading negative information about you, there are legal actions that can be taken, but the options would depend on exactly what was being said, so you would have to investigate first.

Brandon M. :

It could be that you have just had really bad luck, but it does bother me that this employer has a history of scorching his past employees. I would definitely look into collecting some specific information. If you find that false and negative information is being spread, you will likely want to commence legal action.

Customer:

ok thank you

Brandon M. :

Certainly. Did you have any other question?

Customer:

just trying to figure out things. I am a mechanic on auto and heavy machinery .

Brandon M. :

I understand.

Customer:

thank you for your time and the web address

Brandon M. :

Certainly, and it was my pleasure to answer your question. And if you are so inclined, please feel free to leave a rating you are completely finished. Thanks.