Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation

Ive just started with a new company, I was told they bank

I've just started with a new company, I was told they bank all over time. In my second week I have forty hours banked already. Don't know the labor laws or limits for this,or if this is legal in arizona

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.

Banking of overtime is not legal, unless the employee is a salaried exempt employee that isn't legally entitled to overtime or the employer is a public rather than private employer (government employers can give "comp time" for overtime worked).

I would take the job and then, if they don't pay properly, report them to the Department of Labor and let them sort it out. Making the complaint is a legally protected activity, meaning that you can't be terminated for making the complaint.