Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.
20073497

If your employer smacks you hard and inappropriate is this

Customer Question

If your employer smacks you hard and inappropriate is this grounds for a complaint? How about sexual explicit comments?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your question today; my goal is to provided you with Excellent Service,

1. How and where did your employer "smack you hard" ?

2. How many times has your employer made sexually explicit comments ?

3. Is your employer the opposite sex ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He smacked me on my buttocks, sexual comments are made daily either to me or other female staff. Such as, If I was going to cheat on my wife it would be with your daughter, or your the sexiest grandmother I've ever met. Yes he is the opposite sex

Hi, Tina, Thank you for your additional information, Please give me a few minutes to type your Answer because I do not use "stock" Answers and I draft my Answers for each customer based on their facts, Thank you for your patience

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. There is so much more to include hostile work environment when he publicly swears at staff and even when he was at work the other day wearing shorts with no undergarments.

Hi, Tina, Thank you for your kind patience,

I am sorry you are having this difficulty at your workplace and it definitely should not be happening. You are the victim of sexual harassment in the workplace.

Sexual harassment can take many forms and it can be verbal or physical. It can be unwelcome sexual advances, unwelcome touching, or any type of conduct that explicitly or implicitly affects an employee's work performance, or creates an intimidating or offensive work environment. Your employer should not be smacking you on your buttocks, or making any type of sexual comments to you. You should file a formal Complaint or "charge" with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ("EEOC"). I have listed two regional offices below. An employer cannot retaliate against any employee who files a formal Complaint with the EEOC because if an employer takes any type of retaliatory action, the employer will have to pay some pretty high fines and penalties

Charlotte District EEOC Office
129 West Trade Street, Suite 400
Charlotte, North Carolina 28202

Phone Number: 1-800-669-4000, Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNNor(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

The Charlotte District EEOC Office has jurisdiction over all of South Carolina.
The Charlotte District Office is open for charge receipts Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and on Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to Noon. You must arrive two hours before closing to assure same day service. I am listing below the two EEOC Offices in South Carolina and the South Carolina Human Affairs Commission.

Greenville Local EEOC Office
301 N. Main Street, Suite 1402
Greenville, SCNNN-NN-NNNNbr/>Phone Number: 1-800-669-4000, Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN

The Greenville Local Office has jurisdiction over the State of South Carolina Counties of Abbeville, Aiken, Anderson, Calhoun, Cherokee, Chester, Chesterfield, Clarendon, Darlington, Dillon, Edgefield, Fairfield, Florence, Greenville, Greenwood, Horry, Kershaw, Lancaster, Laurens, Lee, Lexington, Marion, Marlboro, McCormick, Newberry, Oconee, Orangeburg, Pickens, Richland, Saluda, Spartanburg, Sumter, Union, and York.

The Greenville Local Office is open for charge receipts Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and on Fridays from 8:30 to noon. You must arrive by 2:30 p.m. to assure same day service. The South Carolina Human Affairs Commission coordinates operations with the EEOC under a work-share agreement. Therefore, it is recommended that after filing with the EEOC, that you also file with the South Carolina Human Affairs Commission. I have listed their address below,

South Carolina Human Affairs Commission:

South Carolina Human Affairs Commission
XXXXXbr/> Post Office Box 4490
Columbia, S.C. 29240
Phone Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>

______________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: 25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your assistance and the situation has been taken care of. I appreciate your help.

You are most welcome, Tina, I hope everything worked out to your satisfaction, If you need anything else, or have questions in the future, please feel free to direct your questions to me by typing my name at the beginning of your question, like this,

"For Andrea only .......... "

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I hope that it continues to work out. I will see today when I meet him. I will keep your information just in case.

Thank you so much for your help.

Hi, Tina,

I sincerely wish you the best because I know how uncomfortable that kind of situation makes you feel. Well, you know my name and know where to find me if you need anything in the future. Best of luck,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Andrea,

It is a very uncomfortable situation and I am actually going to leave this position. There has been a precedence that has been set within that is uncomfortable for a person my age and education. Thank you for your help.

Hi, Tina,

Thank you for giving me an update, I appreciate it. I wish you would not allow this person to "chase" you away, but you have to do what is best for you. Please, however, report him by filing a formal Complaint with the EEOC because if people like that are not stopped, they will continue this conduct and subject others to it as well.

All my best,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Andrea,

Sadly he is in that position of leadership and his role modeling behaviors have subjected other staff to follow his lead with inappropriate behaviors.

That is all the more reason why he has to be reported and stopped!

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know. But it is a difficult one to make.

You will be fine, Tina, I promise you,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I always am and thank you. But as a Doctoral student where my specialization is leadership, i cannot tolerate the inappropriate behavior any longer. It goes against everything I believe and study.

I do appreciate your help and insight into my dilemma. You are great.

I understand completely, and again I thank you for the compliment.

I wish you the very best in your studies, I've been there and I know it's not an easy road to travel,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

you are very welcome, Tina
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Andrea,

Just a little update if your interested. I am filing a claim after witnessing three incidents last night. I heard two woman say, "stop that hurts, that is going to leave a bruise" and "let go of my arm," when he asked another woman for a hug, "umm, no it's awkward. His response to all was, "that doesn't f**king hurt" Excuse my language. Thanks for your help