Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law

how will my nj unemployment benefits be effected by a 2 month

how will my nj unemployment benefits be effected by a 2 month suspension of my draw 10 months into my 2 year contract. The firm will contunue to keep my employment statis and have said that all benefits will continue. Do I surrender my rights to quit and collect my full un employment benifits in nj. They also that they resume pay after the 2 months are over. Is there anyway to speak to someone at your firm. Thanks

Thank you for the information and your question. However, I want to make sure that you have not contacted a law firm and the Experts on this Site cannot provide you with legal advice or legal assistance since we cannot form an attorney-client relationship with you. That information is provided in the Site's Terms of Service.

That said, we can provided legal information as it relates to your question and discuss options in general with you. So, if you still want to continue with this service I will need some clarification of what you are saying. Are you saying that your employer suspended you from work for 2 months and if so, why? If not, please explain what you are talking about with this 2 month suspension. Why would you want to quit your job?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would need some guidence today. They did not suspend me from work,they are suspending my draw for 2 months . They will still have me retain my benifits and employee status. My cconcern is the effect on my nj employement benifits being that there will be gap in pay for weeks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did you get my response?

Hello again, Yes, I received your response, but we assist several customers at once, so our response times may be delayed. I need a bit more information though. I am confused about how unemployment benefits is related to this issue. If you are still working, then how is unemployment benefits at play here?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Marsha,

If they let me go in months and did not start paying me again. Could this radical reduce my unemployment benefits if I were terminated.after that period. The website for NJ really doesn't offer much and you never get them on the phone. With that said I will be earning zero for that 2 month period.

Thank you for your reply. If you are terminated, then that two month period of not having earnings will not really make a big difference in your overall benefits payout. In fact, depending on how much you earn it might not make any difference at all since there is a maximum benefit available. The Unemployment commission will use your average earnings over the "base year period" (which is the first 4 quarters of the last 5 quarters worked before UI benefits are applied for) to determine your benefits. The amount of UI beneifts will be 60% of the average weekly earnings during your base year period, up to a maximum of $624 (in 2013). You can find more information on how your benefits are calculated by going to:

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.