Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

Have you ever heard of any federal law trumping the FERES doctine?

Have you ever heard of any federal law trumping the FERES doctine? For example, service members with medical issues commonly protected under the American with Disabilities Act? Would a military lawyer need to appeal an issue of that nature to the Supreme Court? Thank you.

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.

No, there is no federal law that trumps Feres.

It would be pointless to bring a suit to try and challenge it right now, as the current set of justices on the Supreme Court have already upheld recent Feres challenges.

On your facts, you don't have any sort of ADA claim (I read your other question, but I'm not going to address it directly).