Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation

I was working for super 8 motel in Abilene texas for almost

I was working for super 8 motel in Abilene texas for almost five years after some problems I chose to leave the company. after about six months and my unemployment came through I receive a call to return to same place of employment. while im working I find out from the manager he feels I am the best hskp he has there. upon my departure I was making 7.90 per hour upon my return I find out im making 7.35 per hour. I have expressed my feelings to my boss and don't feel I am being treated equally to the others is my rate of pay legal or was I supposed to start back at what I left at. thank you

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.

There is nothing in the law that would require that you return at the rate that you were making unfortunately. Legally, they can pay everyone different rates if they want to.

You'd have to be able to allege that the only reason you are being paid less is your race, religion, gender, age, disability or FMLA use. Then you'd have to file a claim with the EEOC in your state.

Without being able to allege that, there is simply no legal action that you can take because it is not illegal to pay you at a different rate.