Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

What can I do if my union is refusing to file a grevience on

What can I do if my union is refusing to file a grevience on my behalf?

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.

You can request that the employer accept the grievance from you instead. If they don't, you can hire a local attorney to sue the employer for breach of your collective bargaining agreement, suing the union as well for lack of representation.

This is really a breach of contract claim, with the collective bargaining agreement counting as your contract.

You can also contact the National Labor Relations Board to complain about lack of representation from your union, though that is much less successful than simply hiring the local attorney to sue on your behalf as I mentioned earlier.