How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19130
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can I do if my union is refusing to file a grevience on

This answer was rated:

What can I do if my union is refusing to file a grevience on my behalf?

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.


You can request that the employer accept the grievance from you instead. If they don't, you can hire a local attorney to sue the employer for breach of your collective bargaining agreement, suing the union as well for lack of representation.


This is really a breach of contract claim, with the collective bargaining agreement counting as your contract.


You can also contact the National Labor Relations Board to complain about lack of representation from your union, though that is much less successful than simply hiring the local attorney to sue on your behalf as I mentioned earlier.

Allen M., Esq. and 4 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you