Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.

If a person has worked on the same job for 44 years how long

If a person has worked on the same job for 44 years how long can that person receive unemployment?

Hi, Bonnie, My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today, and my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service,

How long an individual can receive unemployment compensation benefits is not determined by the length of the individual's employment at any particular employment, or during his lifetime of working. Rather, the number of weeks that the individual is eligible to receive unemployment compensation benefits is determined by the State. If the individual has worked the required number of quarters, then he or she will be eligible to receive the total number of months as determined by the State in which he worked. If the unemployment level is at a designated percentage as determined by the Federal government, then the Federal Government contributes the funds for the additional number of months as determined by the Federal Government.

I realize that this is not exactly the Answer you were hoping for and it would have given me great pleasure to give you the Answer you wanted to hear, but I have an ethical obligation to you to give you only correct Answers and information, so I am respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you not hold the Pennsylvania law applicable to your situation against me,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,