Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation

I keep getting bladder,kidney infections,my building do not

I keep getting bladder,kidney infections,my building do not have a bathroom. 1\4 mile from the bathroom,I feel I can't no longer work here do to the conditions. Do they owe me money for being sick all the time?

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.

If you can have a doctor connect the work conditions with your illness/injury, you can file a worker's compensation claim to have the cost of those illnesses/injuries covered.

Unfortunately, Virginia is a "sole recourse" state, meaning that worker's compensation is your only available method of suing the employer for what you believe to be work related injuries.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How long can I carry worker compensation back?

The statute of limitations for worker's compensation claims in Virginia is two years.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do I have to stop working to start a claim?