How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 18846
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I keep getting bladder,kidney infections,my building do not

This answer was rated:

I keep getting bladder,kidney infections,my building do not have a bathroom. 1\4 mile from the bathroom,I feel I can't no longer work here do to the conditions. Do they owe me money for being sick all the time?

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.


If you can have a doctor connect the work conditions with your illness/injury, you can file a worker's compensation claim to have the cost of those illnesses/injuries covered.


Unfortunately, Virginia is a "sole recourse" state, meaning that worker's compensation is your only available method of suing the employer for what you believe to be work related injuries.



Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How long can I carry worker compensation back?

The statute of limitations for worker's compensation claims in Virginia is two years.
Allen M., Esq. and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do I have to stop working to start a claim?

Related Employment Law Questions