Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.
20073497

If an emloyee over 40 was terminated and can prove that 22

If an emloyee over 40 was terminated and can prove that 22 employees in their district was terminated or forced to resign who were over 40 within a 2 year period; that the employee was replaced by someone half their age; and the employee received above standard performance evaluations all previous years (even the one given the current year by their district manager was excellent) yet within 6 months was written up and declared to be a poor performer. Can also prove that 10 others managers were terminated or forced to resign within the same 12 month period, does that employee have an age discrimination case. Also, the employee had worked for the company over 20 years.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provided you with Excellent Service,

It certainly sounds like age discrimination and that you have a pretty good case against the employer. I think what would give you an almost 100% guarantee of winning a wrongful termination case is if you got a few of the other employees who were over 40 and were let go, to also file a formal Complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ("EEOC"). The EEOC will investigate and then issue you a "Right to Sue" letter. The formal Complaint ("Charge") must be filed within 180 days of the event which was a discriminatory act against you.

________________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: 25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have done all you have suggested. Is there anything else I have to prove?

I cannot suggest anything else.

I do not know if you filed a written Complaint with the EEOC, but if you have not, you have a choice of EEOC offices in which to file your Written Complaint:

Raleigh Area Office

Location:434 Fayetteville Street, Suite 700
Raleigh, NCNNN-NN-NNNN/td>
Phone:1-800-669-4000
Fax:919-856-4151
TTY:1-800-669-6820
Director:Thomas M. Colclough
Regional Attorney:Lynette A. Barnes
Office Hours:The Raleigh Area Office is open for charge receipts Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and on Fridays from 8:30 to noon. You may call first to obtain information and directions. You must arrive two hours before closing to assure same day service.

Charlotte District EEOC Office
129 West Trade Street
Suite 400
Charlotte, North Carolina 28202
Phone Number: 1-800-669-4000
Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Alternative Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

The Charlotte District Office is open for charge receipts Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and on Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to Noon.You must arrive two hours before closing to assure same day service. The Charlotte District EEOC Office has jurisdiction over all of North Carolina, including those counties also covered by area or local EEOC offices.

Greensboro Local EEOC Office
Suite 201
2303 W. Meadowview Road
Greensboro, N.C. 27407
Phone: 1-800-669-4000
Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

The Greensboro Local Office is open for charge receipts Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and on Fridays from 8:30 to noon.

You must arrive two hours before closing to assure same day service.The Greensboro Local EEOC Office has jurisdiction over the State of North Carolina counties of Alamance, Alleghany, Ashe, Caswell, Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Guilford, Randolph, Rockingham, Stokes, Surry, Wilkes and Yadkin.

ANDREA