John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.

my boss threatened my over the phone that he was going to "f**king

my boss threatened my over the phone that he was going to "f**king kill me" "beat the shit out of me" and "get me fired, because he didn't like me" "If I go to the president or HR, he will go the the CEO and tell him it is me or him, and still get me fired" what rights do i have?
Hi, thanks for submitting your question today, and I'm sorry to hear about your employment matter. The legal protection for you in this matter would come from availing yourself to the protection of the law. Specifically, what you would need to do is file a complaint with the police. Then, you could go to HR and report that you were threatened/assaulted and reported the assault to the police. If they then terminated your employment, you'd have a claim for "termination in violation of public policy".

It is important under Utah law that you claim a protection of another Utah law, filing the assault charge will give you that protection.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – select the Reply to Expert or Continue Conversation button. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wish you all the best with this matter.