wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

I had an EEOC complaint against my employer and during the

I had an EEOC complaint against my employer and during the process my manager had her relative impersonate anEEOC employee and asked me all the information. I was shocked to fin out later he was not part of EEOC and caller ID on phone said XXXXX XXXXX and my managers maiden name isXXXXX there some legal way to sue ?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  wallstreetfighter replied 1 year ago.

wallstreetfighter :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification

wallstreetfighter :

This is a serious matter,

wallstreetfighter :

what you should do is make a formal written complaint with the EEOC, about this action, and they should proceed with legal action against them,

wallstreetfighter :

also after the EEOC compliant there actions can be brought up in a civil suit, and extra damages can be asked for.

wallstreetfighter :

In fact this may even be criminal impersonation,

wallstreetfighter :

as the employer has impersonated a government official,

wallstreetfighter :

When you have your EEOC hearing you should ask for sanctions against the employer for their actions as well, and the court can fine them

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The EEOC closed my case for not enough information! I am a RN and know discrimination when I see it HCA is a big organization. I have had my reputation ruined and have not found a job in 4 months. The EEOC Robert Carmichael,Charlotte office was going to get back to me re where to go for the impersonation charges since EEOC doesn't do that. Have not heard yet. I am single,broke,jobless and very depressed and anxious. I have worked 35 yrs a RN

and I feel ruined,too young to retire. Linda

That is unfortunate, you can consider hiring a local employment attorney about a lawsuit for defamation against the employer if they are making negative statements about your work history to future employers.

Another option is a constructive discharge lawsuit if you were forced to quit due to there discrimination.
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience: 14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits