Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
11068102

A very successful contract employment scheduled from 48/13

A very successful contract employment scheduled from 48/13 to 12/31/13 was suddenly ended without explanation 6/19/13. what can i do?

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

Can you provide a few more facts to put this into context?

Customer:

Yes

Customer:

What would like to know

JD 1992 :

Was it a written contract, what were the terms, what were the reasons given for termination, etc.?

JD 1992 :

Were you working in a temp type situation?

Customer:

It was a written contract and there were no reasons for termination

JD 1992 :

If it was a written contract of employment with a specific term of service, in your case it appears to be from 4/8/13 to 12/31/13, then you can sue for a breach of contract and recover the amounts still owed under the contract as well as your attorney's fees and costs.

JD 1992 :

They would be entitled to an offset for any amounts you actually earn during the remainder of the contract.

Customer:

Can you suggest a lawyer in Rockford,IL Winnebago County

JD 1992 :

Unfortunately, we can't give referrals but if you go to www.lawyers.com you can search by location and area of practice. In this case the first choice should be civil trial law or civil litigation and the second choice employment law. Even though it involves employment it s really a breach of contract case.

JD 1992 :

Be sure and let them know it is a breach of written contract and not just an employment case. They are less likely to give you an appointment with an employment case than a breach of contract.

Customer:

Thanks

JD 1992 :

Anything else I can assist with? It seems to be a straightforward case.

JD 1992 :

The website is showing you are offline so I will save and exit so I can assist others. If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask them in this thread. I will be online most of the day but it may take a little while for me to answer if I am assisting others.

JD 1992 :

Also, please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating so I get credit for my work.

JD 1992 :

I wish you the best in this!

Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.