TexLaw
TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination
17219180

I am the employer the worker was injured on the job then quit

I am the employer the worker was injured on the job then quit the hospital is calling asking for our worker's compensation policy number and address but the employee said he doesn't want to file a claim against my insurance the hospital says I must provide the information to them because it is the law. Is there a law stating I am required to furnish the hospital if the individual doesn't want to file the claim?

Thank you for your question.

The employee is entitled to coverage for medical care under the Arizona Workers Compensation Act. So, the employee may either pay for the medical care himself, or it will be covered under the Act. As the employer, you must provide the requested information pursuant to the Act, and you need to notify your workers' compensation carrier that an employee has been injured, as it is required under the law to file a First Report of Injury.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What if he was an employee for a few months then he left then he changed to a 1099 employee is this still required to provide the insurance to the hospital when he is supposed to carry his own insurance?

He has decided not to work for a us again we are paying him his last paycheck this Friday the injury date I am looking up now the employee does not want to file a claim he said and I can get a letter from him will that be enough to hold off the hospital?