wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

I was/ is invited to be a character witness. But I also am

Customer Question

I was/ is invited to be a character witness. But I also am filing an ethical issues/challenges at the supervisor who in turn wrote up a co-worker of being non-proffessional ethics while in a moment of crisis. Is there a conflict of interest? Can this be file on behalf of a college?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  wallstreetfighter replied 1 year ago.

wallstreetfighter :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification

wallstreetfighter :

Can you please explain further?

wallstreetfighter :

You were called to testify by whom?

wallstreetfighter :

You want to file a complaint to whom?

wallstreetfighter :

Who would you be testifying for?

Customer:

As I was getting ready to file a complaint toward a supervisor leadership. I was notified by my co-worker that he got charges of behaving / conducts unbecoming as a county employee. The speed of the hearing and a quick(?) assembly of the witness is truely remarkable.

wallstreetfighter :

You should file your complaint to the HR or administration, if you feel the matter needs to be addressed,

wallstreetfighter :

in terms of being a character reference, if you were Court ordered to testify, you would have to tell the truth, so that should not be an issue.

wallstreetfighter :

If asked about your supervisor you can testify to the truth, but only if asked specifically.

wallstreetfighter :

Also, if you file the complaint,

wallstreetfighter :

and the employer tries to bring charges against you,

wallstreetfighter :

you can claim retaliation for your letter, and testimony

Customer:

Is this before the hearing of the commity or during. And when I should be presenting my complaint. Before ; during or after?

wallstreetfighter :

You should consider sending the complaint before.

Customer:

Ps. this hearing is within the facility. As history of this facility no outsider have been able invited nor challeged.

wallstreetfighter :

In terms of the hearing if this is not Court ordered, you do not have to appear, unless forced by the employer,

wallstreetfighter :

if a Court forces you, then you have to appear

wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience: 14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits